Freitag, Juli 31, 2015

Hazel English - It's Not Real

Hazel English - It's Not Real



Several months ago, an Oakland resident, originally from Australia, tore my heart away from my chest with a deliciously languid and dreamy debut named Never Going Home. I love that song so much that I’ve been waiting for a new one from Hazel English since, even bugging her on twitter, asking for a new song. I hope she didn’t mind. Finally, after an excruciating wait, Hazel English reveals her second song. It’s Not Real, like her debut, is a mellow surf rocker. It’s a sun kissed and jangly indie pop gem that comes off like a hazy, washed out blur of The Drums, Beach Fossils, and Wild Nothing, with plenty of fellow Oakland artist Day Wave’s swirly, cozy warmth. It’s Not Real shimmers like a mirage on a sweltering hot day, whisking me away on a nostalgic reverie.

Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This