Samstag, September 22, 2018

Fym Summer - When I Found You

Fym Summer - When I Found You


I'm proud to have the honour of singing and strumming this loveliest song (by Jasmine Rae) for a close friend's wedding in a chapel... :')

Today I held flowers
And I dressed in white
I made a promise
And my mother cried
And every moment
‘Till this one right now
Fades in the shadow of the
Love that we’ve found

Cause I never knew
Love like you show me
You see me you know me
Like no one else
When I found you
I found my safety
And I let it change me
And open my world
When I found you
I found myself

Fym, also known as Fym Summer, is one of the featured singer-songwriters at Noise Singapore 2015 held by National Arts Council of Singapore. Her music is notable for her dreamy intimate vocals and rueful narrative songwriting shown in her recordings taken with minimal embellishments, with music critics describing her as a masterful singer-songwriter and her songwriting as warm, natural, affecting, and emotionally connecting, comparable to the works of Fiona Apple, Keren Ann and Joni Mitchell.
After performing at Royal Academy of Music in London, United Kingdom, Fym delivered a riveting performance of her latest songs such as 'Truth” and 'This Girl” ('Luna' EP) for the UN Women's 16 days of activism, which strives to galvanize action to end violence against women at the campaign in 2016. Fym Summer was also a part of the CITY65 Music’s “The Living Room Sessions (Femme Fatale Version)”, which was featured on The Straits Times and JUICE magazine.
A rare and well sought-after musical artist, Fym has performed many various featured shows including Starbucks Coffee Tour, at South Korea's innovative music cafe dal.komm COFFEE at iconic arts venues such as Esplanade Theatre and Gardens By The Bay, and in schools and hospitals as well. She is the only Singaporean musical artist to be invited to perform her musical works live at the renowned South by Southwest (SXSW) Music Festival held in Austin, Texas and the Canadian Music Week (CMW) in Toronto, Ontario in 2018.


Share this PostPin ThisShare on TumblrShare on Google PlusEmail This